Ron Martinsen gets hands on Breathing Color’s Art Peel—a high quality inkjet printable wallcovering with repositionable peel and stick adhesive.
THE REVIEW: ART PEEL
Since he was using the 24″-wide Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-2000, we recommended the 24″ or 17″ roll.
We have found that most customers prefer using rolls in this width range because it is easiest to manage when tiling the large prints to cover a wall. Prints that are much wider than 24″ are best to be installed with a couple of pairs of hands.
After getting an order in for a roll of the more opaque “blockout” version of Art Peel, we shot him over the custom media type (.AM1) file for the Canon, along with the ICC profile, and he was all set.
Ron proceeded to print a 72″x48″, tiled using PerfectResize, which he explains in more detail on his blog post.
In addition to covering setup and sizing options, reviewing print settings, and analyzing the color gamut, Ron shares his overall impression of Art Peel and how his wife quickly tasked him with making some printed wallpaper for their baby’s room.
WHAT IS ART PEEL
Art Peel is a high quality inkjet-printable wallcovering with repositionable adhesive. It’s made from woven polyester, so it has a slight, subtle texture.
Here are a few other highlights:
- Can be applied to smooth surfaces and will remain adhered for either short-term or long-term use
- Resistant to shrinking, curling, ripping, and wrinkling
- Will not leave sticky residue on the wall after removal
- Suitable for indoor use
- Available in either a high-opacity Blockout, or the Standard version
- 150gsm / 6mil (release liner backing adds 100gsm / 5mil)
- To increase longevity, add spray top coat or film laminate
- Great for wall murals, booth display, fine art, indoor signage, and more
- Available for both aqueous and solvent/latex versions
Check out the Quick Start Guide for more details on using Art Peel.
Remember – read the full Art Peel review on Ron’s blog right here.
If you liked this post, you’ll love these related ones: